Receipt printers are an integral part of each restaurant or retail stores’ point of sale (POS) system. In order to process payments, businesses need this technology to print credit card slips, print customer receipts and send orders to the kitchen or bar area.
- From the Back Office interface go to Locations & Devices > Printers > and click it.
- Once clicked you’ll see the Add Printer button. Click on the Add Printer button to register a new printer.
- Enter a name for the new printer and choose paper width from the drop-down list.
- Next, select the connection type from the drop-down list.
- In the IP field enter the printer IP address.
Perform a self-test on your printer. The printer should print out the firmware version and communication settings. Look for an IP address column to identify your printer’s IP address.
- In the next section, Tap stations. From the pop-up window, place a tick next to whichever station(s) you would like to set up your printer to print.
- Use the toggle switch in the Print receipts and bills section to assign your printer to POS device(s), according to your business needs.
- Confirm your printer settings by tapping the SAVE button. The printer should now be set up to work on your POS device.