Setting up taxes is one of the first tasks you want to perform when setting up a restaurant or a store.
- To start configuring taxes, go to Settings > Tax. Tap on the Add Tax button.
- In the Add Tax form, enter a name and tax rate. Next, specify the Type of tax from the drop-down list: ‘Included in the price’ or ‘Added to the price’.
- Tap the ‘Apply tax to items’ field and select items to which this tax should be applied.
- Next, switch the ‘Apply to new items’ toggle on, if you prefer to apply this tax to new items automatically.
- Tap on ‘Access locations’ to choose specific business locations and tap OK or switch ‘Access to all locations’ toggle on to apply settings to all your business locations (or stores).
- Tap the Save button to add the new tax to your taxes.