In Alto’s POS app, a cashier can save active tickets as Open Tickets. When necessary, a cashier can split existing tickets into multiple new tickets.
- In order to create open tickets, go to Back Office > Settings > Features and turn on Open Tickets toggle from the list.
- From the POS sale screen go to the Ticket area and tap the Open Tickets button at the bottom left corner.
- In the opened window, choose an open ticket from the previously saved tickets list.
- Next, tap the vertical ellipsis (⋮) at the top right corner and choose action “Split ticket”.
- In the next window, your original ticket will be shown on the left.
- Tap items from the ticket on the left to move them to a new ticket on the right. Set an amount if necessary and tap Done to move the item.
- Tap the (+) icon next to the new ticket to add a new additional ticket. After adding items to each new ticket, tap the Save button to save your tickets. Empty new tickets will not be saved.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis (⋮) at the top right corner of a new ticket and choose action “Edit ticket” to add a comment to the ticket.
- In the opened window, go to the Comment field and enter a person’s name or other comment and tap Save.
- You can view and work with your newly split tickets by tapping the Open Tickets button from the Ticket area.
Note: All ticket details such as comments, modifiers, taxes and discounts applied to each item or the whole original ticket will be transferred to newly split tickets.