In case, a customer wants to make a payment and does not have enough cash, you can split the bill into separate payment methods in Alto’s POS and indicate how much and in which way to be paid.
- Click Charge from the sale screen and tap the Split button.
- Tap the ( + ) icon to create the number of partial payments. By default, Alto’s POS will split the total sum into even portions.
- Next, you can choose the payment type for each payment.
- Enter a custom amount for each payment option, if necessary and tap the Charge button next to each payment type to accept payment.
- After successful charging, you will see a green check icon next to each payment option. Tap Done to finalize the transaction.
- You can send separate receipts to the customer’s email address for each payment. Next, tap the Complete button to make a new sale.