As a business, it is important for you to know how much inventory you have and how much it is worth. That makes it possible for you to better manage your supply chain, sales and finances.
Use our Inventory Valuation report – a part of our fully integrated Inventory Management module, which gives you a real-time insight to your inventory data.
- Go to Back Office > Inventory > Valuation.
- By default, the system will display Products inventory data. You can choose to view Ingredients inventory data by selecting Ingredients from the drop-down filter.
- Also you can narrow the scope of your report by choosing specific location(s) and category(ies).
- The upper part of the report displays data about your:
- Total inventory value: sum of inventory values (∑ quantity X unit cost) of items in stock;
- Total retail value (for Products only): sum of retail values (∑ quantity X sale price) of items in stock;
- Total potential profit: total retail value minus total inventory value;
- Margin: gross profit margin calculated as total potential profit divided by total retail value.
- The lower part of the report displays the following data depending on the item type:
- In stock – quantity of item in stock in corresponding unit;
- Cost – average unit cost of item in stock;
- Inventory value – quantity of item X average unit cost;
- Retail value (for Products only) – quantity of item X sale price;
- Potential profit (for Products only) – retail value minus inventory value;
- Margin (for Products only) – profit margin calculated as potential profit divided by retail value.
- Inventory value of items with negative stock or no average unit cost are displayed as 0 in the report.
- Retail value and Potential profit data for items with negative stock or blank price are displayed as 0 in the report.